My Photo
Name:
Location: Jersey City, NJ, United States

Sunday, November 18, 2007

Apple v. Google

I think Google and Apple have declared war on each other, and nobody seems to have noticed. It took Apple (or was it Google?) up until Safari 3 came out for many of gmail's decent functions to appear (like rich text formatting). Still no chat. Google has no desire to appease Apple; Apple has no desire to submit to Google.

It goes beyond that. What about Google Maps? Nothing gets my macbook's fan fired up more than this page. Google Docs? Spreadsheets are dead. Google Finance? The wheel doesn't work. It's been like this for years.

I could go on but you see the point. I suggest these two makes friends and soon. Honestly, if it comes down to it, Google will win. I like Apple a lot, especially their stock, but Google has become essential in a way they haven't.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home