My Photo
Name:
Location: Jersey City, NJ, United States

Friday, November 26, 2004

The promulgation of style

I asked myself: if my creativity is being stymied, at what juncture precisely is this happening?

That is to say, there must be something within me that keeps changing which leaves me with a slightly different personality than before. This must be the acquisition of style.

But reflection tells me that it must be a discrete moment. While it may be subconscious, there must be a moment when a true change in attitude comes to the surface. And I notice it.

I think what happens is that that moment I feel myself being "creative." I'm improvising, experimenting with a slightly different motif. I also noticed that if someone is around you then they notice that you're acting weird. On a more observable plane, you may notice that if you come back to your friends a few days later after having had an epiphane of sorts, they'll certainly think you're acting strangely. So imagine me: I always have a certain individual around me. The only way to avoid this feeling is either not to change, which I deem impossible, or to change into precisely the person that I think she expects out of me.

And they say you can't change someone... you're doing it all the time!

So, in the spirit of monitoring on all possible levels I brought it up. I said to her: I think I'm going to act a little eccentric. Will this preface truly curb that look in her eye or will it just palliate it? And if the latter is the case, will that be enough to regain style? We'll see.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you left me, Venus, mouth watering,
tears of basalt, a syringe aimed at my chest filled
with air
like a poser of love? Thistels in my hair?
Doting upon passion like a whore in lonely waste
of a syphillactic haste to die
musing, spawled, destitute, nude.
Passive, waiting,
For the artist to paint me as though I am alive.

6:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home