My Photo
Name:
Location: Jersey City, NJ, United States

Sunday, September 04, 2005

A life...

Fellow bloganeers,

I must question what it's like to have no life. Now let's get this
straight: for the last half year I've been delving into Nietzschean
philosophy and all the gifts that brings. But what it truly has been
accomplishing for me is precisely a way to stick to my principles
dispite a rather large population shoving me in the other direction.
All my efforts have been to declare my own independence among such a
crowd. How to live in the city without being a citytype.

And the philosophy is grand, but it no longer applies! And why? There
remains no crowd! No city! I'm in Jersey-- with no friends, nothing to
do, and especially, no human cushions bouncing me from bar to coffee
shop to park. No glaring eyes making me feel embarrassed for being
American, or having glasses, or not being drunk. No beautiful women
passing by, letting me know how beautiful my girlfriend really is.
It's all melted away.

I've said for years that there is only one place where the population
density is high enough that I can finally relax-- the island
of Manhattan. And it just goes to show: I'm as nervous as hell!

So what do I do with a life of solitude? Can you name a book to read?

--Owen.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:01 PM  
Blogger nroa9882 said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home